Peace Tea Commercial

 For my groups commercial, we chose to do Peace Tea. We really loved the vibes that their brand gives off and the colors of their products. We really wanted our commercial to be a fun time with good vibes. We decided the best way to approach this was a montage approach, with no dialog. Because of this, our script is just a description of scenes.

After deciding our roles-I was DP, Sam was director and editor, DJ was art director, and Nick was production designer-we started by making a mood board to show how we wanted to convey the tea. The next step was finishing our script, then the story boards. Then we secured our actors, found a day that worked for all of us, and made a call sheet. 

From being DP on this project, it helped me learn about product placement shots, and made me realize how difficult it is to film in a car. The hardest part of our filming day was filming the car shots. It was difficult to keep the shots steady. It was also hard to shoot out the window, because the sky outside the window was a bit overexposed. 

If I were to change something I did, I would probably find a way to make the car shots cleaner, and solidify the story before shooting. I do really like the ending product shot and a few other specific shots. From my knowledge on this project, I will enhance my next project with color correction and depth of field.

Overall, I am happy with the final product. I think it turned out very cute. It's not exactly the same hippie/70's vibe I initially pictured, but I'm very proud of the final product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Words

House Animation

Panorama Project